ORBERA is a non-surgical treatment system that helps you approach weight loss by helping you manage hunger signals and satiation.
This treatment is ideal for patients who want to quickly shed weight and manage their weight for the long term.
Somewhat similar to a party balloon, this system is soft and thin and will not disrupt normal digestive processes.
Our skilled team of professionals at Triborough GI New York, will sedate you to insert the balloon into the stomach by way of the throat and then use a syringe to fill the balloon until it is about the size of a grapefruit. Afterward, you will be able to go back home.
Before the procedure
Once you meet with your Specialist at Triborough GI to discuss weight loss goals, a comprehensive program will be developed for you, which can include one-on-one coaching and expert guidance on dietary nutrition and fitness.
How Much Weight Can You Lose With Orbera?
Possible Weight Loss
Some patients who have undergone this procedure have lost as much as 47% of their starting weight.
This means that someone who weighs 400 pounds could lose as much as 150 pounds in the six months the balloon is kept in the stomach.
However, it is important to note that these results are not typical, as the actual results depend on your starting weight, how much you exercise, and your motivation level. You can still overeat and nullify your results.
How Does The Orbera Balloon Work?
The ORBERA balloon is a weight loss option that will help you to feel full, cut back on what you eat, and start losing weight quickly.
The best part about this exciting alternative is you are not going to need surgery.
You won’t be altering your stomach in a permanent way that comes with many risks. You won’t need to have surgical openings to insert a gastric band. You’ll have similar results from weight loss surgery without the surgery.
That means you don’t have to go through healing and downtime. If you are a good candidate for the ORBERA balloon, the balloon will be inserted through a catheter into your stomach.
Your doctor will inflate the balloon by using saline until it is about the same size as a grapefruit. This will make your stomach seem smaller. You won’t have as much room for food. You won’t feel as hungry as you did before.
As you become accustomed to eating less and recognizing times when you are full, the weight will come off. Think of the balloon as your trainer, teaching you a healthy lifestyle you can continue to follow long after the balloon has been removed.
Tips And Tricks To Maximize Your Weight Loss With Walking
Here are some of the best tips and tricks to help you reach those goals, slim down, and tone up, during your ORBERA® weight loss journey!
- Pick the right outfit and shoes for maximum comfort (and style!)
- Use your walk as a way to de-stress at the end of a long day
- Set goals by planning your route or treadmill speed ahead of time
- Stick to your plan by writing it down or setting reminders which is also a great way to track your progress
- Head to the mall if the weather isn’t in your favor
- Get a walking buddy to hold you accountable and keep you company!
- Try wearable technology or an App for your mobile device to track progress
- Drink lots of water!! Staying hydrated is always important regardless of how rigorous the exercise
- Change it up every now and then. Try a new park or trail that you’ve been meaning to check out.
- Vary your pace by including incline, decline, and different surfaces to challenge your body
- Introduce different speeds and interval training for a twist
- Bring your dog along
- Go first thing in the morning to start off your day right
- Create a great playlist to keep your momentum going
- Drink a green tea afterward to boost your metabolism
- Bring along snacks, like a bag of almonds to give you energy
- Feeling motivated? Try hand or ankle weights to amp up the challenge
- Think of your walk as a part of your new, fun and healthy lifestyle!!
At the end of the day, you need to stay motivated in order to be successful while you have your ORBERA® balloon treatment.
Results may not happen overnight, and that’s okay. For your weight loss journey to have lasting results it’s important that you lose the weight properly, adapt to routine exercise and effectively learn healthy eating habits. With a positive attitude, patience and the ORBERA weight loss program, you can achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle and long-term weight loss.