Who is he?
Dr. Khodorskiy’s interest in medicine began at the age of six when his aunt, a physics professor in one of Moscow’s leading Medical Colleges, took him on a hospital tour. He moved to the United States at eleven years of age and in no time began his pursuit of becoming a physician.
He graduated from a science program at Midwood High School in 2000 and went on to a pre-med program at Hunter College of The City University of New York, from where he graduated Cum Laude in 2004 with a major in biochemistry and a minor in biological sciences. Dr. Khodorskiy continued his medical training at Saint George’s University School of Medicine, graduating in 2008, and subsequently completed internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Stamford Hospital in Stamford, Connecticut, graduating in 2012.
For the next two years he joined Maimonides Medical Center Division of Hospitalist Medicine as a Nocturnist, and thereafter remained to complete his fellowship in gastroenterology, serving as chief fellow and graduating in 2017. Dr. Khodorskiy further concentrated his studies by completing a one-year Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at NYU Winthrop Hospital in Mineola, New York, under the mentorship of a world-renowned interventional endoscopist, Dr. Stavros N. Stavropoulos.
He then returned to Maimonides Medical Center as Assistant Director of Advanced Endoscopy in the Division of Gastroenterology in 2018.
Dr. Khodorskiy is actively involved in clinical research, published in peer-reviewed journals, and
presented at both national and international meetings. He is a Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) and member of European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE), Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (ABE), New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (NYSGE), American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) and American College of Gastroenterology (ACG). Dr. Khodorskiy is dual Board-Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Advanced Endoscopy
MEMBERSHIP AND HONORARY/ PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Foundation for Interventional & Therapeutic Endoscopy (FITE): Induced 05/2022
- Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound (TEUS) Society: Inducted 04/2019
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE): Inducted 07/2018
- Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (ABE): Inducted 04/2017
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP): Inducted 07/2015
- New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (NYSGE): Inducted 07/2014
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE): Inducted 07/2014
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA): Inducted 07/2014
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG): Inducted 07/2014
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM): Inducted 2010
- American Medical Association (AMA): Inducted 2009
- Saint George’s University Surgery Club: 08/04 – 12/08
- Saint George’s University Jewish Students Association: 08/04 – 12/08
- Hunter College Russian Club: Fall 2002 – Spring 2004
- Hunter College Chemistry Club: Fall 2000 – Spring 2004
- Hunter College Pre-Med/Biology Club: Fall 2000 – Spring 2004
- Golden Key International Honour Society: Inducted 2003
- Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certified
- Scholarship and Welfare Fund of the Alumni Association of Hunter College, Inc. – Class
of 1933 Scholarship: Spring 2004
- Undergraduate Scholarship and Welfare Grant: Fall 2003, Spring 2004
- Dean 's List: Spring 2001, Spring 2003 – Spring 2004
- Peter F. Vallone Academic Scholarship: Fall 2000 – Spring 2004
- First Year Honors: Spring 2001