Who is she?
Nancy Chen, M.D., is board certified in Gastroenterology as well as Internal Medicine and she has been in practice for over 5 years.
She earned her medical degree at RFUMS-Chicago Medical School and subsequently completed her medical residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. Dr. Chen also served as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ where she taught and mentored gastroenterology fellows, residents, and medical students prior to joining Triborough GI.
She is an active member of multiple Gastroenterology societies. She has co-authored numerous articles and chapters for major Gastroenterology journals and textbook covering multiple Gastroenterology topics as well as presented numerous abstracts at national Gastroenterology conferences.
Dr. Chen treats all aspects of general gastroenterology and hepatology disorders including performing upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, hemorrhoid banding, and video capsule endoscopy. Her clinical interests include acid-related diseases, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, as well as colorectal cancer screening and prevention. She effectively treats hemorrhoids with a safe non-surgical approach. Additionally, she takes pride in providing care to women in the community with gastrointestinal concerns. She strives to provide patient-centric care combining evidence-based knowledge and compassion to allow patients to make informed decisions regarding their health.
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Research Award -UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Dean’s List, University Honors – SUNY Stony Brook
- John E, Shor J, Katz K, Khokler S, Chen N, Nagella N. Nonuremic calciphylaxis secondary to decompensated alcoholic liver disease with subsequent renal failure. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2016.
- Dalal I, Katz K, Chen N. A spontaneous acute flare of chronic hepatitis B without an obvious cause. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2016.
- Wei CK, Chen N, Ferreira G, Saxena M, Chokhavatia S. Stauffer’s Syndrome with Jaundice. Poster Presentation at ACG, October 2015.
- Watari J, Chen N, Amenta PS, Fukui H, Oshima T, Tomita T, Miwa H, Lim KJ, Das KM. Helicobacter pylori associated chronic gastritis, clinical syndromes, precancerous lesions, and pathogenesis of gastric cancer development. World J Gastroenterol, 2014 May 14; 20(18):5461-73. PMID: 24833876
- Pitchumoni CS, Chen N. Geriatric gastroenterology. Celiac disease chapter 52, page 501-511. Springer New York Heidelberg Dordrecht London 2012. ISBN 978-4419-1622-8
- Chen N, Das KM. In Barrett’s epithelium can there be a “Point of No Return” from metaplastic state to dysplasia? Poster Presentation at DDW, May 2011.
- Chen N, Unnikrishnan IR, Anjana RM, Mohan V, Pitchumoni CS. The complex exocrine-endocrine relationship and secondary diabetes in exocrine pancreatic disorders. J Clin Gastroenterol, 2011 Nov-Dec; 45(10):850-61. PMID: 21897283
- Liu L, Zhang Y, Chen N, Shi X, Tsang B, Yu YH. Up regulation of myocellular DGAT1 augments triglyceride synthesis in skeletal muscle and protects against fat-induced insulin resistance. J Clin Invest. 2007 Jun; 117(6):1679-89. PMID: 17510710
- Chen N, Liu L, Zhang Y, Ginsberg HN, Yu YH. Whole-body insulin resistance in the absence of obesity in FVB mice with overexpression of DGAT1 in adipose tissue. Diabetes, 2005 Dec; 54(12):3379-86. PMID:16306352